UltraSync – Scenes
In this video I briefly go over the steps to add a scene and associate it with the schedule that was previously created. At the time of recording I changed the name of the schedule to MTWTF8PM8AM. Having the name be more specific to the actual schedule will allow me to remember the details so I can associate it to scenes I want during the same time frame.
Scenes will allow you to do 1 or a series of actions. You can have your panel automate certain aspects and when you need to do quite a few of them then scenes is the solution.
- Single mom comes home in the evening, when the alarm is disarmed, set a series of lights to turn on
- Example in the video: AC unit turns on at 8PM, sets temperature to 72, sets type to cool, sets fan to Automatic. Schedule ends the following day at 8am.
- Log into your UltraSync panel
- Click on Advanced
- Click on Scenes
- Set your Device
- Name your new scene
- When Scene Should Work
- You will set this to the schedule created in the previous video. (Basically, do this during at this time)
- Scene Trigger Type
- Scene will be triggered by a Schedule (for this example). Select schedule activated.
- Activate Schedule (make sure you set it to the schedule which was already created)
- Scene Results (this only appears AFTER you have selected a device)
- System Mode -> Cool (Heat if you want to heat the house)
- Fan Mode -> Auto (only turn on the fan if the air is being cooled)
- Set Cooling Point (sets the temperature you want the unit to be running at during the scene)
- Set Heating Point (sets the temperature you want the unit to be running at during the scene)